A deep sea creature will rise again! This summer Kino Lorber will unleash a 20th anniversary special edition Blu-ray of Stephen Sommers’ Deep Rising. It’s already been two decades since Treat Williams and Famke Janssen took on the deadly mutant, which attacked a luxurious cruise ship in the middle of the ocean.
When a band of ruthless hijackers invade the world’s most luxurious cruise ship, they’re shocked to discover the passengers have mysteriously vanished! But that doesn’t mean they are alone! Something terrifying is lurking just out of sight: a deadly force from the unexplored depths of the ocean that begins to snatch the horrified intruders one by one!
Ahead of the August 21st release, we have a look at the cover art and full list of Blu-ray special features and specs, including a restoration taken from a 4K scan of the original camera negative.
Check it out!
• Audio Commentary by Director Stephen Sommers and Editor Bob Ducsay
• Interview with actor Wes Studi
• Interview with actor Kevin O’Connor
• Interview with actor Anthony Heald
• Interview with second unit Dean Cundey
• Interview with VFX John Berton (ILM)
• Interview with VFX Van Ling (Banned from the Ranch Entertainment)
• Interview with Brad Proctor (SFX/Make-Up)
• Interview with Doug Morrow (SFX/Make-Up)
• Interview with Cinematographer Howard Atherton
• ILM Behind-the-Scenes Extras (Animatic Sequence/Creature/Tests/Etc.)
• Newly Commissioned Art by Jacob Phillips
• Animated Image Gallery (Stills and Behind-the-Scenes)
• Reversible Blu-ray Art
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• 5.1 Surround and Lossless 2.0 Stereo Audio
• Theatrical Trailer”