Mitch Lucker regrettably died after he crashed his motorcycle in a drinking and driving accident on October 31, 2012. He was pronounced dead on November 1st. He was 28 years old.
If you’re reading this, you probably know that Lucker was the lead vocalist and founding member of the California-based deathcore band Suicide Silence. Some would say that the band, in its short tenure with Lucker, became a highly influential force within the genre. Suicide Silence, in all honesty, is one of the few bands within the genre with a tangible sound, at times reminiscent of . By contrast, most other bands in deathcore or metalcore sound and look like a bunch of fucking hipster poseurs.
To honor Lucker’s memory and to help his family (specifically his daughter, Kenadee Lucker), the surviving members of Suicide Silence held a memorial show on December 21, 2013, at the Fox Theater in Pomona, California. The band was joined by a whose-who of vocalists, including their new frontman, Eddie Hermida.
Proceeds from the show, titled Ending Is the Beginning, went to Kenadee Lucker’s education fund.
I think you’ll find the production value of this show and the performances are stellar. I warn you though, if you put this on you won’t be able to take your eyes off of it. It’s just that compelling. The music is powerful and the vocal guests really gave it their all.
-Myke Terry shows what it means to be hardcore by jumping into the crowd and not missing a vocal beat.
-Tim Lambesis — the fucker was huge!
-Big Chocolate looks like Bruce McCulloch from Kids in the Hall.
-Was Chad Gray reading the lyrics?
-Robb Flynn’s acoustic performance of ’s “Die Young.”
-Umm, Max Cavalera performing “Roots Bloody Roots.”
-Randy Blythe was phenomenal. Such a powerful and energetic performer.
Suicide Silence: Ending Is the Beginning Set List:
1. Destruction of a Statue (with Jonny Davy of Job for a Cowboy)
2. Distorted Thought of Addiction (with Greg Wilburn of The Devastated)
3. Ending Is the Beginning (with Brook Reeves of Impending Doom)
4. Bludgeoned to Death (with Ricky Hoover, ex-Suffokate)
5. Unanswered (with Phil Bozeman of Whitechapel) ]
6. Girl of Glass (with Myke Terry, ex-Bury Your Dead)
7. The Price of Beauty (with Danny Worsnop of Asking Alexandria)
8. No Pity for a Coward (with Johnny Plague of Winds of Plague)
9. Disengage (with Cameron “Big Chocolate” Argon)
10. No Time to Bleed (with Burke VanRaalte, ex-With Dead Hands Rising)
11. Smoke (with Anthony Notarmaso of After the Burial)
12. Wake Up (with Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying)
13. March to the Black Crown
14. Slaves to Substance (with Eddie Hermida of All Shall Perish)
15. OCD (with Austin Carlile of Of Mice & Men)
16. Fuck Everything (with Chad Gray of Mudvayne & Hellyeah)
17. Die Young (Black Sabbath cover, with Robb Flynn of Machine Head)
18. Roots Bloody Roots (Sepultura cover, with Max Cavalera)
19. Engine #9 (Deftones cover, with pre-recorded vocals from Mitch)
20. You Only Live Once (with Randy Blythe of Lamb of God)
’s Concert Series brings you kick-ass live shows to get your party started right and to help you vent your Friday frustrations.
Rock Hard \m/