Opeth is one of those bands whose sound runs the gamut of death metal vocalist should sound like, being able to switch between clean and growl vocals, and it’s considered the album that changed the future of death metal., from one extreme to the next, from soft and moody to hard and aggressive. Formed in Stockholm, Sweden, in 1990, Opeth didn’t release their first album, Orchid, until 1995, which was released to mixed reviews, though mostly positive. In retro reviews, Orchid is considered the album that defined how a
Since then, Opeth has released 10 studio albums and have become one of metal’s most influential and respected bands.
Opeth didn’t tour for their first four albums, but they finally hit the road in 2001 with the release of Blackwater Park. Two years and two albums later, the band was filming the Lamentations show at London’s Shepherd’s Bush Empire. Judging from this performance, it’s clear they had honed their live skills quickly and it’s equally apparent that the fans adore them.
Lamentations track listing:
02. Windowpane – Damnation
03. In My Time of Need – Damnation
04. Death Whispered a Lullaby – Damnation
05. Closure – Damnation
06. Hope Leaves – Damnation
07. To Rid the Disease – Damnation
08. Ending Credits – Damnation
09. Harvest – Blackwater Park
10. Weakness – Damnation
11. Master’s Apprentices – Deliverance
12. The Drapery Falls – Blackwater Park
13. Deliverance – Deliverance
14. The Leper Affinity – Blackwater Park
15. A Fair Judgement – Deliverance
’s Concert Series brings you kick-ass live shows to get your party started right and to help you vent your Friday frustrations.
Rock Hard \m/