Call of Duty: Black Ops is set for a second strike on Xbox LIVE online entertainment network with Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation, the newest content pack, now available for download worldwide.
With 2 billion hours played and counting, Call of Duty: Black Ops consistently draws millions of gamers around the world online every day. Escalation’s four new multiplayer maps and unprecedentedexperience, featuring famed George A. Romero, Robert Englund, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Michael Rooker and Danny Trejo, and an original music track from Avenged Sevenfold titled “Not Ready to Die,” will continue this global phenomenon.
The Escalation content pack’s new multiplayer maps include:
– “Hotel,” where players battle it out on the roof of a Cuban luxury hotel and casino against the vivid backdrop of old Havana
– “Convoy,” which delivers intense, close-quarters combat at the scene of an ambushed U.S. military convoy
– “Zoo,” which sets gamers on an eerie ride through an abandoned Soviet Russian Zoo with danger at every turn
– “Stockpile,” which pits players in a remote Russian farm town, housing secret WMD facilities
– “Call of the Dead,” Escalation’s Zombie experience that assembles a-carnage dream team to fight against a new and undefeatable zombie horde menace, all set in the dark, ice-covered isles of Siberia.
“We took the community’s feedback to heart, and the result is five of the most creative and varied maps we have ever made,” said Treyarch Studio Head, Mark Lamia. “‘Call of the Dead’ is an homage to the greatfilms that have inspired the team and represents a deep commitment to our Zombie fans. Being able to collaborate with such talented artists and musicians was an absolute honor and thrill for everyone involved. We think the fans are going to go crazy over it!”
“We’re all huge fans of each other’s work and have been talking with Mark and his team at Treyarch about creating something special,” said Avenged Sevenfold’s M. Shadows. “So when the opportunity came together to do ‘Not Ready to Die,’ it was a natural fit. We’re stoked to be part of ‘Call of the Dead‘.”