On Saturday, September 17th, 2016, at Flames Central, Big Nate Productions Proudly Present: A Historic Night of Canadian Metal! International touring act Annihilator will perform a blistering 75-minute set, their first show in Western Canada since 1993. Also appearing will be the recently reformed and original lineup of speed/thrash metal pioneers Exciter, their first Western Canadian performance since 1985. The show will be opened by thrash veterans Razor and Sacrifice. These bands are all hot off the heels of multiple critically acclaimed festival performances in the U.S., Europe, and South America. Calgary’s GATEKRASHÖR will provide last call entertainment. A real collection of thrash metal pioneers, this bill has never happened anywhere in the world! More info here.
Tickets and VIP Passes on sale through calgarymetalfest.com and at Sloth Records in Calgary.
Friday, September 16th, at Dickens Pub, Portland-based Toxic Holocaust will headline their first Calgary appearance since 2011. Support by Disciples of Power, The Order of Chaos, Fornication, Black Pestilence, and Concrete Funeral. Info here.
Thursday, September 15th, at Distortion sees The Exalted Piledriver in their first-ever Western Canadian performance with support from Crystal Mess, Savage Streets, Sick Ritual, and Accostal. Info here.
Wednesday, September 14th, Kick-off Party at The Ship and Anchor, FREE SHOW with The Cadavor Dog, W.M.D., In/Vertigo, Blackbird Electric, Outlets Band. Info here.
Live Charity Auction (Sept 14-17) for Make-A-Wish Foundation:
Since 2013, Calgary Metalfest has raised $4,000 for Make-A-Wish Southern Alberta! This year they plan to shatter that record and raise $10,000 to sponsor an ENTIRE wish for a child.
This auction is a live one that will occur between band sets during the fest at all venues. You must be there to be part of the auction.
The following items will be available for auction with more to come!
The list so far:
– Jeff Waters of Annihilator will be donating one of his guitars!
– Tony Iommi signature model Epiphone SG donated by Ross Ingall of Too Metal For Church on Metal Nation Radio
– An amazing nightscape print on metal donated by the impeccable Monika Deviat of Deviant Optiks Photography
– Each night’s respective 4’X6′ poster will be signed by all the bands and auctioned off. Donated by Creative Factor and Big Nate Productions
– A signed Tenacious D photograph donated by Daryl Buchanan of superstarphotos.ca
– A signed photo of you and your favourite band, taken, printed, and signed that night. Donated by superstarphotos.ca
-Tickets to other festivals through the Western Canadian Metal Festival Alliance. Donated by Armstrong MetalFest – AMF, Loud As Hell Festivaland others.
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW WOULD LIKE TO DONATE ITEMS TO THE AUCTION, SEND AN EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: Charity Auction 2016
Schedule and more items to come! For more info, follow here.
Rock Hard \m/